Social Media Manager
DeBaun and Co. is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our growing DeBaun & Co. team. This person will head our social channels for each brand, building out strategy and collaborating with our Art Director and Ops Manager to build our online community. As the Social Media Manager, you will be leading our brands’ voice on Instagram and Facebook.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Operations.
About DeBaun and Co.
DeBaun & Co is a lifestyle and media holding company created by Blavity Inc. CEO, Founder, and serial entrepreneur Morgan DeBaun. The company currently houses a portfolio of fast-growing brands such as skincare company M. Roze Essentials, Growth Notebook, and the WorkSmart Advising Program for entrepreneurs.
- Create and execute engaging social content to support new product launches.
- Drive user-generated and influencer-generated content programs that will reinforce our brand narrative.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to batch graphics, photoshoots and engaging campaigns that drive results.
- Batch schedule content for social media.
- Oversee the brands’ leading social media platforms; Instagram and Facebook. This includes posting, reactive and proactive community management, and reporting.
- Lead the always-on content and engagement strategy for our primary social media platforms and develop the plan for opportunity channels.
- Track performance results and produce campaign reports and learnings using social tools and platform analytics.
- Produce and share weekly recaps to monitor follower growth, engagement, views, EMV, etc.
No day at DeBaun & Co will be the same, but a typical day could include the following activities:
- Receiving new photos from a shoot for Growth Notebook and batch scheduling IG content with captions on Planoly.
- Dm’ing multicultural influencers you’ve identified to get their mailing addresses for an upcoming new launch of M. Roze Skincare products.
- A check-in call with an indie beauty brand to discuss the quarterly schedule of giveaways on Instagram to drive new followers and engagement.
- Brainstorming with the Sr. Ops manager on upcoming campaigns on Morgan’s Instagram account to increase followers to DeBaun and Co brands.
- Familiarity with performance tracking, measurement, attribution
- Experience negotiating contracts and content deliverables for influencers
- Prior experience in an influencer marketing role and a proven track record of deliverables
- Intuition for what is a “good fit” for a brand and how to best utilize influencers in an authentic way that connects with their audience
- Solid project management skills and ability to identify goals, prioritize tasks, and execute on quick timelines
- Ability to work quickly on developing strategy, content, and execution when there is a timely trend to join
- Obsessed with details and data and constantly thinking about how to make things better
Applications due by Dec 31 and are accepted on a rolling basis.